Monday, March 9, 2009

Keyboard Lubrication

About a year ago, I ordered 12 Lenovo T61 laptops for our managers. They've been wonderful machines, by the way. But I was struck with horror and confusion when I was helping one of our managers with his Outlook when I noticed one side of his keyboard was particularly shiny...and slimy. What...the...heck?

According to him, it was Vaseline. That's right. Have you ever heard of using Vaseline to lubricate a lightbulb socket, to make it easier to remove a burnt-out lightbulb? I hadn't, but supposedly this is what he did to a light socket above his desk. And supposedly a glob of heated Vaseline dripped and fell on to his keyboard.

I wonder what the Lenovo Accidental Damage Protection people will say when I ask to replace his keyboard...

No comments:

Post a Comment