Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Unhappy eBayer

A while ago I had a Dell Inspiron 6000 at the office that went shot, either due to the motherboard or the video card. Sadly, this laptop was purchased at Sams Club, so there's no more warranty on it. So off to the eBay. I put a bid on a new motherboard (with integrated video card) to try to knock out the problem. The ad I was looking at specifically said that the DC jack had been replaced with a new one. Good. Yeah. Thanks for nothing, Jack!

As you can see, not only was the DC jack not replaced...but it was completely mangled! I thought about just buying a new DC jack and replacing it myself (I've done it once before without any issue), but the seller, laptopaid offered to have me RMA it. So I sucked it up and paid the money to have it shipped USPS to the address they specified.

Too bad I didn't pay the extra few cents to have delivery confirmation. Apparently they've never received the defective system board. It's hard for me to accuse them of anything, since I didn't have tracking or delivery confirmation, so this isn't an acusatory post. But I'm most unhappy that my item was apparently lost in priority mail...

My screw-up aside, there is still the fact that they completely mis-advertised this motherboard. It would be one thing if they said it was sold as-is, but they advertised that it was tested and had the jack replaced, neither of which had been the case. So laptopaid is not without blame here.

Laptopaid, I'm taking your business card you sent with the motherboard and I'm tearing it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment