Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Ubuntu + Firefox 3.5 beta 4

After seeing lots of good things about the latest beta of the Firefox web browser, I decided to install it on my Ubuntu computer at work. Fortunately, both the current and the beta versions can be installed concurrently on the same computer, so I won't have to worry about re-installing the current working version (just don't open them both at the same time). Following the instructions here, I was able to add the launchpad repository to Synaptic (I had to change the word "intrepid" to "hardy", since that's what I'm still using at work). Searched for Firefox, and installed the 3.5 version. Aside from many of my plugins not working (to be expected), it seems pretty stable so far.

Oh, and I disabled the launchpad repository once I installed Firefox 3.5, so I didn't accidentally update other existing software with beta versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment